Sunday 9 June 2013

The Little Prince

Sometimes I look around and see nothing but foolishness and nonsense. 

Mankind, too worried with power, 
wealth and technology, seems to have forgotten about the importance of sincere friendship and true love. Most people don´t even realise that "to forget a friend is sad. No every one has ever had a friend." 

A great deal of grown-ups, full of prejudices and misjudgements, are not sensitive to the poetry, mystery and beauty of the world. They are dull, unimaginative, ignorant and blind to the simple things that matter. They don´t even know that "the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart."

Sometimes it seems to me that adults, so narrow-minded and absurd, are constantly rushing and stubbornly keeping on mindless pursuits, but at the end "no one is ever satisfied where he is." 

I´ve just finished rereading Antoine de St. Exupéry´s masterpiece (so proud to have been able to do it in French this time!) and, again, it has left me reflecting about the sense of life...

Sometimes, like The Little PrinceI am also bewildered by what I see and experience every day. Like him, I go on my quest for understanding the meaning of this strange world. And meanwhile, I continue gazing at the stars...



5 comments:

  1. All that foolishness and nonsense you see around, Ana Campo, is called HUMAN STUPIDITY.

    Nice book, nice post, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right using that expression...

      Words... How difficult to choose the most appropriate ones! One should be careful when using them. So great is their power that words have the ability of healing wounds, but they can also hurt... Once they are spoken or written, they last forever.

      "Words are the source of misunderstandings", says the fox.

      Delete
    2. About the importance of words... and the lack of words:

      "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends". (Martin Luther King)

      Delete
  2. We are dangerously getting used to loneliness, human relationships fail... The book may make one weep, but I prefer remembering sweet and positive things like:

    ""If, for example, you come at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to be happy. I shall feel happier and happier as the hour advances. At four o'clock, I shall already be worrying and jumping about. I shall show you how happy I am!"



    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete